Before arrival

Frequently asked questions - Before arrival

When will I receive my travel documents?

We will send you your travel documents 4 weeks before your departure date, once we have received full payment. If you book and pay in full within 4 weeks of travel we will send your travel douments on the same day.

What do I need to bring with me on my holidays?

Vacansoleil will provide a checklist of everything you will to bring need before your departure. If you are traveling with children, we'll provide a special checklist then. Bedding requirements vary depending on the accommodation and the campsite. Mobile homes, glamping lodges and most safari tents have duvets / blankets and pillows. Blankets and pillows are not provided in the bungalow tents, so remember to bring your own. To check if linen and bathroom sets are available at your accommodation, contact our customer service or check your travel documents or on the camping information page of your booked campsite, under the "Accommodation" section.

Is bedding available in my accommodation?

The supply of bedding varies depending on the accommodation type and the campsite. Pillows and duvets / blankets are provided in all types of mobile homes and in (almost all) safari tents. Pillows and duvets and blankets are not available in bungalow tents (so don't forget to bring your own). Linen such as sheets, bottom sheets and pillowcases are not usually available in our accommodation, but this may vary depending on the campsite. To be sure, check the details of the selected accommodation on the campsite page to see if bedding is available or if it can be reserved in advance. The option to rent the bed linen is available at a large number of campsites and can be easily booked during the online booking process or later by phone. Remember that if bedding is not available in your accommodation and cannot be rented on park, then you must bring your own supply!

What information is provided in my travel documents?

Your travel documents package email will consist of 3 or 4 attachments. 

The first one is a copy for you. It includes booking details such as name of campsite, its address and GPS coordinates, dates of stay, type of booked accommodation, travel party details, arrival and departure time and costs on the spot.
Second attachment is a copy for the campsite. You need to print this copy and present at check in. It will inform campsite about your travel party and what type of accommodation you booked and for what period. 

The 3rd attachment includes useful tips for your holiday, including important emergency numbers. For some accommodations, there will also be 4th attachment called Single Authorization SEPA. It is a document on which you authorize Vacansoleil to take relevant amount out of your bank account (with maximum limit of 100€ marked on the document). This will serve as a deposit. You will not be asked anymore to leave cash or give card details separately, and proper amount will be deducted only in case the accommodation is not left in proper condition. 

Please note, travel documents do not mention any extra services you booked like bed linnen or baby cot. Do not worry. You can be sure that these are registered in the system in accordance with your invoice."

What are the arrival and departure times of the campsite?

Arrival time are usually between 4:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m. The time of departure from the campsite is between 08:00 and 10:00. Will you be arriving later on the day of arrival? No problem, in most campsites it is possible to arrive later than the official entry time. Please inform us in advance and we will notify the campsite that you will arrive later. If you arrive before the official check-in time, you will not have access to your accommodation. Often the campsite allows you to use its facilities ahead of time. So, you can take a dip in the pool or have a coffee on the terrace. If you are going to be late, the campsite needs to know. You can call the direct telephone number of the campsite, which appears in the travel documents. If you have any question? Do not hesitate to contact us. We will be delighted to help you.

Where can I find a map of the campsite?

You will find a map of the campsite on the righthand side of the campsite information page on our website. "View campsite map" should be available. Please note, some campsites maps are not yet live.

What are the dimensions of the beds in my accommodation?

The beds in your accommodation may vary in length and width. Our accommodations usually have a main bedroom with a double bed and other bedrooms with single beds. In most cases, double beds have 1 mattress. The length varies between 1.80 m and 2.00 m and the width varies between 1.40 m (in most) and 1.60 m. The single beds have a length that varies between 1.80 m and 2.00 m and a width that varies between 0.70 m and 0.80 m and 0.80 m and a width that varies between 0.70 m and 0.80 m. To be sure of the dimensions of the beds in your accommodation, you can check it on the information page of the campsite, selecting your accommodation and clicking on "Details". A pop-up window will open and show you all the details of the chosen accommodation.

What is the "Fiche de Police"?

If holidaying in France, the law now requires that you fill out your data and your dates of stay on the "fiche individuelle de police" form and hand it in at your campsite reception. Tip: fill it out at home so you can check-in more quickly. You can print 2 copies if all the people in your reservation do not fit on one form. Children up to 15 years of age can appear on their parents' file.

Are there additional costs to pay at the campsite?

In most campsites there are compulsory local charges to pay on arrival, such as tourist tax and / or cleaning costs. These costs are noted on your travel documents and on your booking confirmation.

What is the Single Authorization SEPA that is a part of my travel documents package?

It is a document by which you authorize Vacansoleil to deduct a relevant amount (with maximum limitation of 100€) from your bank account. This authorization is a kind of deposit for the accommodation. If during check out your accommodation is in the same condition as at check in, the authorization form will be destroyed and never used.

What inventory does my accommodation have?

In order to make the preparations for your holiday as straight forward as possible, we have put together an accommodation inventory list for you. Here you will find a useful list of items present in your accommodation such as cutlery, crockery, coffee maker , etc. Please note that this list refers to Vacansoleil's own accommodation, and not non-owned accommodation on the campsites.