Denmark - Jylland - Ry
Camping Birkhede is located on a hill with direct access to Lake Knudsø. There's plenty here to keep everyone occupied.
Why camping Birkhede ?
- Choose from a wide choice of water activities at the lake like sailing, canoeing and swimming. Or simply relax on the grassy banks near the waterside. The lake is also good for fishing.
- There's a swimming pool with waterslides and a children's playground in the adjoining forest.
- At the campsite you can rent rowing boats, canoes and bicycles.
Tip from the specialist:
"Frienly campsite situated on a hill ideal for families with young children. Direct access to a pretty lake. Good play area with slides."
The surrounding area Birkhede
The lake district is the highest part of Jylland for an adventure and fun-filled family holiday. There's lots of nature to enjoy and plenty Danish culture for all ages.
Some tips for your holiday at Birkhede in Ry
- Take a trip on the oldest paddle steamboat in the world. Or ride the 'museum' train from Bryrup to Vrads.
- Trips to the automobile museum in the nearby town of Gjern, the catering museum of Svejbaek, and the Silkeborg museum of arts, with its fine collection of paintings are all good ways to spend and interesting few hours.
- Visit the weekly markets in Silkeborg, Skanderborg and Ry, and the 'blue market' in Lasby.
- In Viborg admire the cathedral and then move on to the well known city of Arhus as this is also worth a visit.
- Enjoy a family day at Legoland.
- For more activity you can sail or windsurf on the lakes, or go to the Tivoli Friheden theme park.
Activities & pools
- 1 outdoor pool (from 31/05/2018 until 20/08/2018 (incl.)) 9 x 25 m, depth between 0,9 and 1,6 m
- 1 children's pool (from 31/05/2018 until 20/08/2018 (incl.)) 4 x 6 m, depth between 0,3 and 0,45 m
- swimming cap not mandatory
- swimming shorts allowed
Extra water fun
- 1 waterslide
- campsite at 30 km from the North Sea (with a sandy beach)
- campsite at 0,1 km from Lake Knudso (with a grass beach)
- campsite at 1 km from the River
Sports and playing
- big playground
- indoor playground
- rental bikes (from 23/03/2018 until 22/09/2018 (incl.)) on the campsite: city bike, bicycle for children and bicycle seat for children
- jeu de boules
- multisports court
- beach volleyball
- table tennis
- water sports: canoeing
- electronic games
- inflatable jumping aparatus
- animation target customer(s): toddlers and kids
- animation period: from 30/06/2018 until 30/08/2018 (incl.)
- entertainment languages: English and Danish
Eating and drinking
- snack bar
Check this out too!
- reception: credit cards are accepted: Mastercard and Visa
- wifi: on the whole campsite (to be paid)
- quay/buoy for boats
- grocery shop (from 23/03/2018 until 22/09/2018 (incl.))
- laundry possibilities: laundrette and dryer
- barbecue facilities: gas barbecue allowed, carbon barbecue allowed, electric barbecue allowed, central barbecue place available
- safe deposit
Bungalow tent Navajo
- sun and shade
- subsoil: grass
- check in between 14:00 and 20:00 - check out between 08:00 and 11:00
- pets not allowed
- deposit tent is not applicable
Bungalow tent Navajo
Based on 19.0 of reviews
Playgrounds for children8.0
General state of campsite5.2
Sanitary facilities at the campsite*7.5