La Grande Tortue
France - The Loire - Candé-sur-Beuvron
Camping La Grande Tortue
A lovely, small campsite where children will have a great time. Its location in the heart of the Loire valley, between the cities of Tours and Orleans, make it a great base. The medieval city of Blois is only 20km away too. Another plus point: the campsite has very spacious pitches.
Why camping La Grande Tortue ?
- The waterpark has a heated outdoor pool that can be covered, a heated children's pool, 3 exciting waterslides, a whirlpool and a jacuzzi.
- Children are well looked after so you'll have time to enjoy yourself too. They can choose from playgrounds, an inflatable castle, trampolines and table tennis.
- The entertainment team are always busy providing a wide range of activities, both during the day an in the evenings.
- There's a restaurant with a terrace, a take-away and a small shop where you can buy fresh bread each morning.
Tip from the specialist:
"A small family campsite in the lovely Loire valley. A true paradise for children thanks to the swimming pools and great entertainment. A perfect base for exploring this wonderful region."
The surrounding area of La Grande Tortue
The village of Cande-sur-Beuvron takes its name from the nearby river Beuvron that meets the Loire here. This stunning area is a UNESCO world heritage site and is home to numerous chateaux.
Some tips for your holiday at La Grande Tortue in Candé-sur-Beuvron
- The surrounding countruside is perfect for sporting activities such as kayaking, cycling and hiking. You can hire bikes at the campsite.
- If you enjoy wine you will probably already know that this region has several excellent vineyards. Make sure to sample some of the local produce.
- There are several lovely cities nearby that are well worth a visit. These include Blois, Amboise (where you can visit Leonardo da Vinci's house) and Chambord.
- France's top zoo is just a 40-minute drive away. Take the opportunity to see giant pandas, rhinos and white tigers.
- The campsite reception sells discounted tickets to a range of sights in the area.
Activities & pools
- 1 coverable swimming pool (from 06/04/2019 until 13/09/2019 (incl.)) (heated)
- 1 outdoor pool (from 06/04/2019 until 13/09/2019 (incl.))
- 1 children's pool (from 06/04/2019 until 13/09/2019 (incl.)) with playset,
- swimming cap not mandatory
- swimming shorts not allowed
- sunbeds in the pool area are free of charge
Extra water fun
- 3 waterslides (from 06/04/2019 until 13/09/2019 (incl.))
- 1 whirlpool
- spray parc
Spa and wellness
- sauna (to be paid)
Sports and playing
- several small playgrounds
- rental bikes (from 06/04/2019 until 13/09/2019 (incl.)) on the campsite: city bike and bicycle seat for children
- golf: 18 holes (at 10 km)
- jeu de boules
- multisports court
- horse riding: in the neighbourhood: guided tours
- pony riding: in the neighbourhood: guided tours
- table tennis
- play castle
- animation target customer(s): toddlers and kids
- animation period: from 06/07/2019 until 24/08/2019 (incl.)
- entertainment languages: Dutch, English and French
Eating and drinking
- restaurant (from 06/04/2019 until 13/09/2019 (incl.))
- snack bar
Check this out too!
- reception: credit cards are accepted: Mastercard and Visa
- wifi: on the whole campsite (to be paid)
- grocery shop (from 06/04/2019 until 13/09/2019 (incl.))
- laundry possibilities: laundrette and dryer
- barbecue facilities: gas barbecue allowed, charcoal barbecue not allowed, electric barbecue not allowed, barbecue equipment available (to be paid)
- cash point
- Surface area of the mobile home: 28 m²
- uncovered terrace
- subsoil: grass
- check in between 16:00 and 19:00 - check out between 08:00 and 10:00
- 1 pet allowed
- deposit is 200 € (cash or credit card)
- tourist tax 1,00 € per person per night
- pets free of charge
- garden furniture: 6 garden seats and 1 garden table
Cooking and living
- fully equiped kitchen with:
- small fridge
- coffee machine
- 4 burner hob (gas)
- 1st bedroom with 1 double bed (1,40 x 1,90 m)
- 2nd bedroom with 2 single beds (0,80 x 1,90 m) and high child's bed
- sleeper couch for 1 person in living room
- woollen blankets, duvets and pillows
Bathroom and toilet
- bathroom provided with shower, sink and toilet
Reviews La Grande Tortue
Based on of reviews
Playgrounds for children
General state of campsite
Sanitary facilities at the campsite*