France - Gironde - Pyla sur Mer
Camping La Forêt
Set at the entrance to the Bay of Archachon, where the sea and the wind create many forms of dunes and sandbanks. Thsi campsite is both educational (beautiful nature) and relaxing (in a deck chair at the water park).
Why camping La Forêt ?
- First you'll have to climb the 50m ladder to the top of the Dune du Pilat. Take a big breath, enjoy the amazing view. And then... run through the sand to the beach below!
- Walking around the dune is also an option. Then it's a 3km trip, but there's also a bus.
- The campsite has a water park with a heated pool and a children's pool.
- Sport for everyone: football, tennis, volleyball, table tennis and even a proper climbing wall.
- Mini golf for the whole family, plus a great golf course kess than 3km away if you want the real thing.
- If the weather is poor, the entertainment is in the indoor playroom. Usually the dancing is under the open skies, as it should be in this region.
Tip from the specialist:
"A luxurious family campsite behind the Dune du Pilat, the highest sand dune in Europe. Try running from the top of this sandy hill down to the beach!"
The surrounding area La Forêt
There's plenty of culture to be had around the bustling provincial capital of Bordeaux. Plus lots of flat cycle routes and safe inland seas for young children. This is a place for holiday fun that will suit the whole family.
Some tips for your holiday at La Forêt in Pyla sur Mer
- The inland sea of Sanguinet is ideal for young children. Shallow, no tide, so safe. It is 18km from the campsite - a nice idea for a cycling trip for the whole family.
- Archachon, a town set beside the inland sea of the same name, is close by. Sample the wonderful fish in the restuarants here. Head 20km south to reach the pretty town of Biscarosse, full of quaint streets and shops.
- Colourful parachutes fly from the dune over the campsite area throughout the day. Nice to watch, or you could give it a go yourself (under expert guidance).
- The forest behind the campsite is ideal for walking and cycling in the cool shade.
- Barely 50km to the east lies the famous wine city of Bordeaux. Beside wine, this city offers beautiful architecture and elegant bridges over the Garonne river. Experience the indefineable atmosphere on the terraces of the old city centre.
Activities & pools
- 1 outdoor pool (from 01/04/2017 until 30/09/2017 (incl.))
- 1 children's pool (from 01/04/2017 until 30/09/2017 (incl.))
- swimming caps are not mandatory
- swimming shorts are not allowed
- sunbeds in the pool area are free of charge
Extra water fun
- campsite at 3 km from the atlantic ocean with a sand beach
Sports and playing
- small playground
- jeu de boules
- mini golf
- table tennis
- tennis: on the campsite
- electronic games
- animation target customer(s): toddlers, kids, teens and adults
- animation period: from 01/07/2017 until 31/08/2017 (incl.)
- entertainment languages: English, French and Spanish
Eating and drinking
- restaurant (from 01/04/2017 until 30/09/2017 (incl.))
- snack bar
Check this out too!
- reception: credit cards are accepted: Mastercard and Visa
- wifi: on the whole campsite (to be paid)
- internet corner: to be paid
- grocery shop (from 01/04/2017 until 30/09/2017 (incl.))
- laundry possibilities: laundrette and dryer
- barbecue facilities: gas barbecue allowed, carbon barbecue not allowed, electric barbecue not allowed
- surface area of the mobile home: 28 m² excluding the terrace
- uncovered terrace
- sun and shade
- check in between 16:00 and 19:00 - check out between 08:00 and 10:00
- pets not allowed
- deposit mobile home is 200 € (cash or credit card)
- tourist tax 1,00 € per person per night
- garden furniture: 6 garden seats and 1 garden table
Cooking and living
- fully equiped kitchen with:
- small fridge
- hob (4 gasrings)
- 1st bedroom with 1 double bed
- 2nd bedroom with 2 single beds and high child's bed
- possibility for 1 convertible bed in living room
Bathroom and toilet
- bathroom provided with shower, sink and toilet
Reviews La Forêt
Based on 11.0 of reviews
Playgrounds for children7.1
General state of campsite6.2
Sanitary facilities at the campsite*7.1