France - Auvergne/Aveyron - Canet-de-Salars
Camping Le Caussanel
A very attractive campsite on the northern shores of Lake Pareloup. Between the campsite and the lake is a spacious green area with places where you can picnic, play games, take a walk or simply relax under a parasol with a good book. The campsite is at an altitude of over 800 metres so the air is healthy and the daytime temperatures pleasant, however it can be chilly at night.
Why camping Le Caussanel ?
- The campsite has a nice pool area with a separate children's pool and exciting water slides.
- From the terrace beside the pool you have a wonderful view over the lake, where you can sail, surf or water ski.
- You can buy all your daily needs in the campsite shop and in the evening sample the local Aveyron cuisine in the restaurant. Try Aligot (mashed potatoes and cheese).
Tip from the specialist:
"Attractive campsite on the northern shores of Lac de Parloup. Pleasant pools with slides, a spacious green area for sun bathing at the lakeside, and many water sports available. Visit Rodez and Millau too."
The surrounding area Le Caussanel
Lake Pareloup is situated in one of the most thinly populated areas of France, so the entertainment is concentrated around the lake area. Though it's surface area is just 12 km², the strange shape provides over 120 kilometres of shoreline, so there's no problem infinding a quiet fishing spot.
Some tips for your holiday at Le Caussanel in Canet-de-Salars
- A few kilometres from the campsite lies the medieval village Pont-de-Salars.
- For more culture you'll have to drive to Millau, or to Rodez with its beautiful cathedral made from pink sandstone. Further away is the photogenic Conques, a famous, charming city on the pilgrim's trail to Sangtiago.
- For an interesting day trip with your children try Micropolis in Saint-Léons, an exciting child-sized insect world, or a bike-trolley trip with the 'Vélorail du Larzac' along an old railway track.
Activities & pools
- 1 outdoor pool (from 20/05/2017 until 08/09/2017 (incl.)) with playset 10 m x 10 m (heated)
- 1 children's pool (from 20/05/2017 until 08/09/2017 (incl.)) 5 m x 5 m
- swimming caps are not mandatory
- swimming shorts are not allowed
- sunbeds in the pool area
Extra water fun
- 3 waterslides (from 20/05/2017 until 08/09/2017 (incl.))
- campsite directly next to Lake Pareloup with a sand/pebble beach
Sports and playing
- small playground
- rental bikes (from 20/05/2017 until 08/09/2017 (incl.)) on the campsite: city bike, mountainbike, bicycle for children and bicycle seat for children
- jeu de boules
- multisports court
- table tennis
- tennis: on the campsite (1 outdoor courts)
- animation target customer(s): toddlers and kids
- animation period: from 01/07/2017 until 26/08/2017 (incl.)
- entertainment languages: French
Eating and drinking
- restaurant (from 20/05/2017 until 08/09/2017 (incl.))
Check this out too!
- reception: credit cards are accepted
- wifi: on the whole campsite (to be paid)
- grocery shop (from 20/05/2017 until 08/09/2017 (incl.))
- laundry possibilities: laundrette and dryer
- barbecue facilities: gas barbecue allowed, carbon barbecue allowed, electric barbecue allowed, barbecue equipment available
- surface area of the mobile home: 28,8 m² excluding the terrace
- uncovered terrace
- subsoil: grass
- mandatory central parking lot
- check in between 15:00 and 19:00 - check out between 08:00 and 11:00
- 1 pet allowed
- deposit mobile home is 200 € (only cash)
- tourist tax 1,00 € per person per night
- pets 3,90 € per animal per night
- garden furniture: 6 garden seats and 1 garden table
Cooking and living
- fully equiped kitchen with:
- hob (4 gasrings)
- 1st bedroom with 1 double bed
- 2nd bedroom with 2 single beds and high child's bed
- possibility for 1 convertible bed in living room
Bathroom and toilet
- separate toilet provided with shower and sink
Reviews Le Caussanel
Based on 10.0 of reviews
Playgrounds for children5.7
General state of campsite6.1
Sanitary facilities at the campsite*7.0