France - Alps - Les Vigneaux
Camping Le Courounba
Camping Le Courounba is a good choice for families with young children and anyone who enjoys a sporty holiday in healthy mountainous air.
Why camping Le Courounba ?
- There's a sporty atmosphere here. Mountain bikes are parked all around and there's lots of hiking boots too. However there are still ample opportunities for relaxation too.
- You can swim in the heated, ecological pool, complete with children's pool and slide and a view of the mountains. Please note that you can only use ecological suncream here.
- Small children will love the large bouncing cushion and play hall, whereas older ones and adults can play volleyball or tennis.
- You can buy your daily items in the campsite's shop or at the nearby market in Vallouise. The campsite has a take-away if you fancy a tasty snack.
Tip from the specialist:
"Friendly campsite at 1000 m altitude. Many walking, climbing and cycling routes. Great facilities for families with young children. Many mountain trips in the surrounding area."
The surrounding area of Le Courounba
Clean air and mighty mountains - that's what you will find here. Les Vigneaux is set just south of Briançon at an altitude of 1000m. It's here where the Gyronde and Durance rivers meet. This area is popular for winter sport lovers and crickets can be heard singing in the summer.
Some tips for your holiday at Le Courounba in Les Vigneaux
- Take the cable car to the Massif des Ecrins glaciers an the ice caves with ice sculptures. These are very impressive and make an enjoyable family day out with young children
- Nearby is Mont Brison, which is the highest charcoal rock in France, and Mont Pelvoux which is almost 4000m high!
- Visit Braincon or the caves and the old silver mines of L'Argentière.
- After Braincon you could drive over the Col de Montgenèvre into Italy where you'll find the well-known ski resort of Sestriere.
- Looking for an active day out? Go cycling, mountain biking, paragliding, hike the Via Ferrata route or take your pick of canyoning and rafting in the Parc Naturel des Ecrins.
Activities & pools
Swimming & fun in the water
- 1 outdoor pool (from 13/06/2020 until 13/09/2020 (incl.)): 200 m², depth between 1,1 and 2,2 m (heated)
- 1 children's pool (from 13/06/2020 until 13/09/2020 (incl.)): with playset, measures, depth between 0 and 0,25 m
- swimming cap not mandatory
- swimming shorts not allowed
- sunbeds in the pool area are free of charge
Extra water fun
- 1 waterslide
- campsite directly next to the river
Spa and wellness
- sauna (to be paid)
- whirlpool (to be paid)
Sports and playing
- small playground
- rental bikes (from 16/05/2020 until 12/09/2020 (incl.)) in the neighbourhood: mountainbike
- jeu de boules
- multisports court
- horse riding: in the neighbourhood
- table tennis
- tennis: on the campsite (2 outdoor courts)
- adventure park
- water sports in the neighbourhood: canoeing and kayaking
- inflatable jumping aparatus
- animation target customer(s): toddlers and kids
- animation period: from 04/07/2020 until 29/08/2020 (incl.)
- entertainment languages: French
Eating and drinking
- restaurant (from 01/07/2020 until 31/08/2020 (incl.))
- snack bar
Check this out too!
- reception: credit cards are accepted: Mastercard and Visa
- wifi: only in the central area (to be paid)
- laundry possibilities: laundrette and dryer
- barbecue facilities: gas barbecue allowed, charcoal barbecue allowed, electric barbecue not allowed, barbecue equipment available (to be paid)
- safe deposit
Experiences and reviews Le Courounba
Based on 9.0 of reviews
Playgrounds for children8.0
General state of campsite9.3
Sanitary facilities at the campsite*0.0